I got my Cosco wood step stool in the mail a few days ago, and immediately realized that some of the problems identified by other reviewers were not, in fact, problems. I don't know if those reviewers were mistaken, or if Cosco has improved this product, but here goes:
1. Assembly? No. The step stool arrived in a flat box, folded but completely assembled. I didn't have to do anything but set it up.
2. Unsightly stickers? No. There were only two stickers, both VERY small, and neither on the flat surface of a step. One was on the button you push to fold the stool, identifying the button: useful. The other was the standard warning label that seems to come on every ladder: it was slender, on the edge of the top step. I haven't tried to remove either of them, I admit, because they don't bother me.
3. Weight? No big deal. Yes, it weighs something: it is, after all, a small ladder, and it wouldn't be safe if it were too light. But I'm a Frail and Delicate Flower (tm), and I didn't have any trouble carrying the box, or moving the ladder around.
It's just what I needed: a step stood strong enough to use frequently and safely, and nice-looking enough to leave out in my home library.
(33 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0
More Detail For Cosco Rockford 11255MGY1 Wood Step Stool 3 Step Mahogany
- Classic wood step stool coordinates well with home décor
- Large, 13-inch by 9.25-inch platform top step
- Safety rail for climbing ease and support
- Folds flat for easy storage with locking top step for added security
- The only ANSI compliant wood step stool available