Saturday, August 21, 2010

@# Werner MT 22 300 Pound Duty Rating Telescoping Multi Ladder 22 Foot



I ordered this ladder out of a desire to get away from 5 different ladders for different jobs, and was not expecting it to be as great as it is.



This story is not made up, it actually happened. It arrived just at the beginning of a huge rainstorm, fedex dropped it off and I put it in the garage to wait. 10 minutes later, the biggest rainfall in 20 years was underway, and water was pouring in our ceiling due to the torrential rain knocking all sorts of stuff loose that then clogged a gutter drain pipe. I run out to the garage, this ladder was closest, so I rip the packing off, run out, it takes me about 10 seconds to figure out how to work the knobs and whatnot, I fling it up and run (really run) up it, and I get the drain freed. Even in my rush, this ladder felt completely stable, far more so than my other Werner extension ladders. The wider base plays a role in this no doubt, but it also just feels solider (is that a word?). After I got off the ladder, not 5 seconds later a lightning bolt hit a tree about 50 feet away... I can't say that the lightning missing me was due to a magic ladder, more like blind luck (disclaimer: don't climb aluminum (or any other) ladders during thunderstorms, its dumb and I can't be held responsible). The beatdown my wife put on me for scaring her like that has taught me my lesson. However, the water was pouring in at about 5 gallons/min, all across the ceiling, panic ruled the day.



Anyways, back on point. Since then, its been pretty much the only ladder I've used. I've used it on crazy slopes (that ability to set the two sides at different lengths is great), picking fruit (which always seems to involve reaching farther than you should), and its easily strong enough for two fairly large guys to put drywall on the ceiling.



The only drawback I've noticed so far: the wide base can make it a little difficult to get as close to walls as I would have liked in some situations, but this is worth it for the increased stability, overall. I also wish I'd gotten the bigger model for that little bit of extra reach.
(264 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Werner MT 22 300 Pound Duty Rating Telescoping Multi Ladder 22 Foot


  • 22-foot telescoping multiladder with 300-pound duty rating
  • 28 different working heights or positions by converting into a 2-person stepladder, extension ladder, or scaffold
  • The soft touch push knobs are the key to this versatile ladder enabling you to get the job done easier with this versatile ladder
  • This professional grade ladder is built to last with double-riveted steps with a more durable design than other brands that are welded and has heavy duty non-marring feet for slip-resistance
  • Get to your project safely with this versatile ladder with extra wide flared bottom for firm support

No comments:

Post a Comment