Tuesday, August 17, 2010

$*$ Stack On GC 18C 18 Gun Convertible Steel Security Cabinet Black



I actually didn't buy my safe from Amazon, but I thought my review would be helpful for those looking for a cabinet/safe.

You have to put the shelving unit together yourself, but the good news about that is you don't have to be Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor to figure it out. The instructions are a good guide, but you can probably figure it out yourself without having to follow their step by step guide. I did and I'm not the handiest guy around. This is a great gun cabinet/safe for the novice-average gun owner.



Positives: The cabinet isn't too heavy (about 100 pounds) and if you need to move it around you won't kill yourself doing so. There's lots of storage space. I put my handguns and magazines on the shelves (4 handguns and numerous mags) and my ammo boxes (2) on the bottom. I have 3 long guns in there and I can easily fit 6 more (you have the option to make it accomodate 18 long guns). The inside looks very nice once it is assembled.



Negatives: This is a great safe to keep the kids out and your wife/girlfriend from worrying about the kids getting to your guns, but it offers very little protection against an intruder who is equipped with a hammer and/or crowbar and intent on getting in there. It reminds me alot of a school locker. If someone broke into your home and wanted in here I'd give them about two minutes, at the most, until they're in there.



So why buy this? You can't beat the price and it does offer some protection and peace of mind, especially if you don't live in an area where crime is a big problem or you have a security system for your house. If you don't have a security system or you live in a rough area where the likelihood of someone breaking into your home is pretty good then I'd spend the extra cash if I were you. For $200 you're not going to find a better cabinet/safe. This is the best for the price. I got mine for $180 before taxes at my local Dick's Sporting Goods. I hope this helped.


(11 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Stack On GC 18C 18 Gun Convertible Steel Security Cabinet Black


  • Holds up to 18 rifles or shotguns up to 54" tall. It can be converted to hold 9 guns with adjustable shelving. Even with all the shelving in place there is still room to store 3 long guns in the front of the cabinet
  • Steel center partition and shelves can be installed or removed based on the needs of the individual user
  • Shelves can be placed on the right or left side of the cabinet and are adjustable every 4"
  • Large removable, steel top shelf can be used separately or used with the shelving system or is completely removable. Shelf is positioned towards the front of the cabinet so taller guns can be positioned behind the shelf.
  • Foam padding is included for all shelves and the bottom of the cabinet. Cabinet has a black, epoxy paint finish with silver accents on the cabinet door.

No comments:

Post a Comment