I am an electrical contractor and this fan is difficult to install. The sheet metal is too thin and the installation of sheet rock distorts it. I had to cut out sheet rock and bend the fan frame back into position to be able to mount the motor module. I have never had this problem with the dozens of Panasonic fans I've installed because the sheet metal is heavier and can stand up to sheet rockers less that perfect cuts.
The junction box is in the back of the fan frame so if you need to service it, it requires complete dissasembly of the unit while all other units I have installed have the junction box at the front of the inards of the fan.
The damper only opens half way. After application of WD-40 still doesn't open fully and doesn't close fully when the fan is turned off.
It takes 2 non-standard light bulbs. So an extra trip to the supply house.
I looks wonderful but, that is all I can say that is positive.
Lowe's makes a Hampton Bay that is a knock off of this fan for a lot less money.
(7 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.0 / 5.0
More Detail For Hunter 90064 Ellipse Bathroom Fan with Light and Nightlight Brushed Nickel with Bent Alabaster Glass
- Fan with light and night light for large bathrooms 8 by 10 feet and over
- Durable, all-metal housing; brushed nickel with bent frosted glass
- UL-listed for use over shower or tub enclosure with GFCI circuit
- Requires 2 60-watt bulbs; glass assembly detaches for cleaning
- Measures approximately 12 by 12 by 15 inches