Friday, July 2, 2010

@# Cosco 11120RED1 Retro Chair Step Stool Red



Just got this chair yesterday. Thought, okay, other people are being whiners about the assembly. Not so. The second thing you put on is the back - and the bolts they give you will not hold it on safely. I ended up getting our own longer bolts to put the back on with so that I don't have to worry about my kid falling out when the back breaks off. I had only one part where I was able to get the bolts in without sheer misery, the bottom step of the stool. Good thing they give you extra bolts - because you end up stripping off half of them. And I still used several of my own. I do not mind the stools sliding out rather than the hidge on the old models as I also remember getting pinched on the old ones and how heavy they were. So, that will not be my complaint. But, the assembly is too painful to make this thing worth it. I still have bolts falling off that I just can't get in. The top step of the stool has one (I think the threads where I am bolting it into are all wrong) and the plastic side rails are IMPOSSIBLE as they are just not quite wide enough for where they are supposed to go, so the bolts are at an angle. Yes - I even used one of my husbands super clamps to try to get them on by squeezing the legs together. It took 3 hours of MISERY and like I said, I have a stool, it's still not all assembled. And, yes, I do know how to assemble products and use a screw driver.
(86 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Cosco 11120RED1 Retro Chair Step Stool Red


  • Stylish Chrome Finish with padded vinyl seat and back
  • Easy, one-tool assembly
  • Step stool slides in and out easily with smooth tracking
  • Over molded step treads for security
  • 225-pound weight capacity

No comments:

Post a Comment