I got to use the vantage on a house fire for the first time this morning. This thing is super bright. So bright that when I look at people, they'd look away. I forgot I had the thing on!
The mounting of the light is very secure. However, I have a visor on my helmet. The light works awesome when the visor is up, but it will be partially blocked when the visor is down. I don't see a big problem with this unless your doing mop ups or extrications when the visor needs to be down.
All the guys on scene were asking about it, so they seemed impressed as well. The blue light on the light was great too. I obviously didn't notice it, but my guys on the hose line could see me as I moved around in thick smoke down to knee level. They seemed to think it was easy to see.
Update: Feb 26
We had a tech rescue this morning. Guy fell 30 feet into a well, early morning, and very dark. I had the light on my helmet when my captain and I dropped down with the patient. The light worked well, but in a confined space the thing is super bright. It's awesome for working around a house or a large area, but the intensity of the light and the straight focused beam is something to keep in mind in a situation where space is confined. It worked great of course, but just be aware of where that thing is pointing.
All in all, it's an awesome light... highly recommended.
(8 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0
More Detail For Streamlight Vantage LED Helmet Mounted Flashlight
- Dimensions: 3.26in L x 1.47in W x 2.56in H (With Clamp) / Height Above or Below Mounted Surface: 1.84 Inches / Weight: 5.14 oz.
- Made with 6000 Series Machined Aircraft Grade Aluminum with a Black Anodized Finish / High Impact Polymer LED Housing
- Features a C4 LED Bulb with a Super Bright Blue Taillight
- Output: 80 Lumens / Burn Time: 6 Hours
- Attaches to Helmet with an Easy-to-Use Thumb Screw - No Tools Necessary!