Thursday, June 24, 2010

$*$ Grout Grabber GG001 Grout Removal Tool for Most Reciprocating Saws or Sawzalls



Definitely the fastest way to remove grout I've come across. I used this to remove grout from between large format floor tiles (1/8" joint), and in 1/2 a day I had my whole kitchen done. Words of advice: go slow, keep a FIRM grip on the sawzall (I ended up with several scratches), and don't double up the blades. I tried this initially (2 blades) and immediately chipped and scratched a tile. You can always make a 2nd pass to clear out the extra grout. Also, it's billed as dustless, but it's far from it. Keep a shop vac handy (with bag) and sweep up the grout frequently. I did this and still ended up with fine dust all over the house. Not sure how well this would work on walls - it worked well for floors where you could easily maintain a firm grip and downward pressure.
(27 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Grout Grabber GG001 Grout Removal Tool for Most Reciprocating Saws or Sawzalls


  • Grout removal tool accommodates any joint size from 1/16-to-1/2-inch
  • Fits in most common reciprocating saws or Sawzalls; dustless
  • Carbide grit ensures longer life
  • Includes tool, adaptor, 1 blade, 1 Allen wrench, all hardware; optional additional blades not included
  • 6-inches long; 2-inch blade

No comments:

Post a Comment