Werner's labeling on this ladder (and probably their other extension ladders) is deceptive. It is listed as a 20 foot ladder. Additionally, the "maximum reach" is listed as 19 feet. However, when the ladder is fully extended, it is only 17 feet long. The two individual segments, if laid end-to-end, are 20 feet long. The "maximum reach" assumes someone of 5'6" height is standing at the highest recommended rung (IOW, their height combined with the ladder). Why does Werner use such ambiguous specifications? Wouldn't it be a lot more simple and intuitive to list the maximum extended length to be 17 feet?
(7 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0
More Detail For Werner D6224 2 300 Pound Duty Rating Fiberglass Flat D Rung Extension Ladder 24 Foot
- 24' ladder extends to 21'
- Gravity spring-locks operate smoothly
- Slip-resistant Traction-Tred D-rungs
- Shu-Lok, slip resistant pad and spur plate
- Exclusive Alflo rung joint means twist-proof performance