Had the mailbox up for a few days and so far so good. I love that no outsiders can just reach in (especially around Christmas time) and grab your mail and small packages out my mailbox now. I love that with this box you can also stick outgoing mail onto the little clip inside the drop bin in. It seems very well built. In order to mount in onto a regular wooden mail post you can buy at a hardware store, such as Homedepot or Lowes, you will need to buy an extra piece of thick wood and put a lot of nails (not screws - too easy to mess up) and an L-shape bracket just to keep your new large mailbox secure on top of the post (just place it directly ontop of the post) - this is somewhat easy to do- you just need an extra hand to do it. You don't have to buy anything else besides a thick around 1foot by 11/2 foot 2 inch thick wood piece. Also, this mailbox is only around $95 when I bought it from Homedepot online - and free shipping.
(22 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0
More Detail For Architectural Mailboxes Oasis Jr. Mailbox Black
- Postmaster General approved and patented design allows delivery of mail bundles and small parcels - perfect for Internet and catalog shoppers
- Body constructed of heavy 16 and 18 gauge galvanized steel fully powder coated prior to assembly for durability and long life
- Doors include rubber seals to keep deliveries clean and dry - ll hardware made from stainless steel and other corrosion resistant materials
- Suitable for installation into a pilaster, column or wall - the entire outer shroud is one piece to resist moisture and the elements
- 18" d x 15" h x 11.5" w, 23 lb.